In this article you will learn about:
- Requesting additional platforms
- Deployment via Google Tag Manager
- Adding URL Tagging (Facebook Example)
Requesting additional platforms
Note: This will currently load up a form to our Support Team in order to request access. Please complete this in order to continue. We will get back to you with the relevant script to continue the setup.
Deployment via Google Tag Manager
- Navigate to https://tagmanager.google.com and sign in to your Workspace.
- Click Add a new tag
- Give the Tag a name of your choice, PPC Protect MP for example and select "Custom HTML" as the tag type.
- Paste the script provided by PPC Protect into the HTML section. An example of the script is below:
Next, we want to choose the trigger on where to fire the script. We recommend firing this on all your pages in order to see all your traffic however you can select only certain pages if you wish such as landing pages.
- Publish the new changes you have in the Google Tag Manager dashboard to complete the setup
Adding URL Tagging (Facebook Example)
In this example, we will be adding the Facebook Tag. For a list of all supported platform tags, please see:
ppcp_platform=bing ppcp_platform=outbrain ppcp_platform=facebook ppcp_platform=youtube ppcp_platform=reddit ppcp_platform=tiktok ppcp_platform=twitter ppcp_platform=baidu ppcp_platform=linkedin ppcp_platform=adroll ppcp_platform=instagram ppcp_platform=naver ppcp_platform=pinterest
Open up Facebook Ads Manager and navigate to the destination of your campaigns and/or ads like so:
Add the tag to the Website URL, for example,
If you do have additional tracking tags, we simply need to merge the PPC Protect tag. We do this by adding &ppcp_platform=facebook so the URL will look like this example: